Dear RVLTN Friends,
Welcome back to school! I hope you found time this summer to take care of yourselves, to enjoy time with friends, family, and loved ones, and to recharge and reinvigorate for the upcoming year.
Thank you all for making the time to join us for our incredibly successful inaugural Back to School Family Meeting Week. Every Revolution School student and family joined us this week to reconnect, develop their personalized learning journey as well as discuss and plan for their college and future ready journey with Jeanne and the advisors, Patrick, Dirk & Joel. In addition, each family met with Jena to help us build out our informational system and put into practice an improved communications and community building practices. The energy and joy on the 19th floor were palpable.
It has been a busy summer at Revolution planning and preparing for a fantastic year ahead and we can’t wait to get the 2022-2023 school year started! As we navigated the past two school years, we have shown our collective and individual grit, determination, and resilience in staring down truly unique, unknown, and unprecedented circumstances. I believe all of us are ready to utilize what we have learned these last two years to build something different and something better. We owe it to every student, family, staff member, and member of this great community to grow and to move forward as we never have before with optimism. There is much to look forward to this year – The future will be shaped by optimists
In the wise words of Dr. Seuss, “You can steer yourself in any direction you choose.” I invite us all to choose optimism and possibility!
Thank you for your partnership, I am humbled to serve the Revolution community. Let’s make this an extraordinary year!
Please enjoy this long weekend and the final days of summer!
- The first day of school is Tuesday, September 6. Please plan to arrive no later than 8:15 in preparation for an 8:30 start. Breakfast and lunch (Chick-fil-A!) will be provided. We’ll have greeters in the lobby but make sure you bring your lanyard and FOB.
- Our first community gathering will be Monday, October 3 to allow us more time to settle into the routines of the school year before gathering
- Wednesday, September 28 is the Senior Family Year Kickoff Dinner. This dinner is especially for senior students and families at Revolution School from 5:30 – 7:00.
- Opening day schedule!!
- Revolution School doors open at 7:30 a.m. daily.
- 7:30-8:30 is breakfast, quiet study & attendance.
- The school day begins at 8:30 a.m. The school day concludes at 3:30 p.m.
Health & Wellness:
Revolutions School bases our COVID policies on the City of Philadelphia and CDC guidance. The CDC recently updated its guidelines regarding protocols for COVID-19 to include the following:
- No quarantines when exposed
- Masking for 10 days if exposed, testing on day 5
- No cohorting
- No social distancing
As we begin the school year, we ask that all community members participate in keeping us healthy and safe:
- Masking is optional, subject to change depending on circumstance
- If you are feeling unwell, please take care and stay home
Attendance is taken each morning at the front desk. Students are considered late if they arrive after 8:30am. If a student will be tardy or absent, parents/guardians must email Jeanne Mulvanerty at email@example.com.
All students are allowed to leave campus for lunch with a signed parental permission form. Students are encouraged to stay in groups of two or more and must sign out and sign back in with an adult. Students must finish their lunch and be ready to begin class promptly at 12:15 pm.
- Tuesday, September 6, First Day of School
- Wednesday, September 28, Senior Family Kickoff Dinner, 5:30 – 7:00 (This dinner is especially for senior students and families at Revolution School from 5:30 – 7:00. RSVP will follow.)
- Monday, October 3, Community Gathering, 5:30 – 6:30 at Revolution School