We are excited to welcome students back next week and resume in-person classes this Monday, January 10.
Please note the following return to school guidelines:
- All students and staffulty will receive a rapid test upon arrival at school on Monday morning.
- Any student or staffulty member that tests positive will be sent home to isolate per CDC guidelines.
- If they have not done so already, all students will complete an updated vaccination status form in class this Friday. Please note that students must receive booster shots as recommended by the CDC to be considered fully vaccinated.
- Students must wear surgical, K-95, or N-95 masks at all times. No cloth masks are allowed.
- Students will not be allowed to eat or drink during class time. Students may remove masks during breaks or lunch as long as they are socially distanced from others.
Thank you for helping us to keep our community safe. As always, please reach out with any questions or concerns.
Independent Art Project Class Critique
On Monday, January 10th, students will be sharing independent projects they worked on over Winter Break. Everyone is welcome to join us at 12:30 in Tanner East for our class critique of those projects. (Zoom link HERE)
Unlike other art projects where the limits and scope are set by the teacher, this assignment was designed to allow students maximum creative control in structuring and completing new and exciting artworks. We will see a variety of art forms including paintings, sculptures, drawings, fabric art, and digital art, all pulled from students’ individual artistic purpose, and hear each student describe their ideas and process to the class.
In lieu of our fieldwork expedition tour of City Hall on Friday, Joel led the students through a virtual architectural history tour of Philadelphia (& beyond) on Zoom. We learned about Gothic, Classical, Romanesque, Second Empire, and Chicago School architectural styles, using buildings from all over the city as illustrative examples from his amply documented slide show. Needless to say, there were also lots of trans-disciplinary connections between the architectural styles we learned about and other historical and cultural–even literary–connections. The culminating part of the presentation was an interactive quiz that afforded students who completed it extra credit points for their History course averages.
In-Person Classes Resume
Monday, January 10 (On/Go Antigen Testing 7:30 – 8:30 AM)
School Closed (PD Day)
Friday, January 14
School Closed (PD Day)
Monday, January 17
Q2 Progress Report Release
Wednesday, January 26
Friday, January 28
February Parent Hour
Monday, February 7, 7:00 – 8:00 PM
Join the ZOOM Room: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81940994911
Meeting ID: 819 4099 4911 Passcode: 967526