We’re having a great start to the new year with new friends!
🎧 Listening To: Conversations of King: The Promises of Democracy, 1/16 at 1:00-2:30pm.
💚 Sharing: Information on how you can help support Revolution School as a donor and a fundraiser. It’s easy! Please share the link to our giving page or sign up to become a fundraiser for our school. Simply set your own goal and share your personalized fundraising page with friends and family!
🙏 Grateful For: January is National Thank You Month! Danke, grazie, merci, gracias, spasibo, thank you! No matter how you say thank you, say it this month!
🎂 Celebrating: January birthdays – Maria, January 4th; Kysiir, January 23rd; Aveon, January 25th!
Senior Portraits: Senior portraits will be taken by Holly James-Gordon, HJG Through My Eyes on Tuesday, February 7. More details on packages and ordering to come!
Mask Optional: In the interest of keeping our community healthy, we encourage everyone to get their COVID-19 boosters and flu shots!
Re-enrollment Contracts: Contracts for grades 9-11 will be sent via email on January 20. We ask that you complete and return by February 15.
Attendance: Please make attendance a priority for 2023! Attendance is an essential component to our students’ academic success. Often, the number of days a student is absent accumulates without parents realizing how many days have been missed. In many cases, absences from school are unavoidable due to health problems or other circumstances. However, chronic absenteeism can have a drastic impact on your child’s education and future.
WHYY After-School Classes: Narrative Filmmaking: Mondays and Wednesdays, February 27 – May 31, 2023, 4:00 – 6:00 p.m. Photography Workshop, Tuesdays and Thursdays, February 28 – June 1, 2023 4:00 – 6:00 p.m.
New Year’s Resolutions: It’s a great time of year to improve our well-being! Start the year off strong and energized by ensuring a great night’s sleep of at least 7-8 hours every night!
Health & Wellness in the New Year
Revolution School is partnering with Planet Fitness this new year to expand our wellness programming. Students enjoyed the massage chairs after their first hard workout! More details to come.
Community Partners Make Our Program Revolutionary!
Thank you to all the partners who made 2022 an unforgettable year.
- How to Bring More Ease, Purpose, & Joy to your College Admission Process in 2023 Part 1: Wednesday, January 11th, Part 2: Thursday, January 12th 7:00 pm Eastern Time. (This is a free educational webinar offered by College Essay Guy is for parents and students. Recordings will be emailed after the event.) Zoom link
- NACAC Virtual Fair February 19, 1:00-6:00 pm
- Herb it Forward Scholarship Opportunity & Application To provide financial assistance to students who have an incredibly optimistic spirit, a desire to help others, and a passion for giving back to their communities. Inspired by Herb Lotman, a self-made businessman whose life was dedicated to helping others and giving back. The Herb it Forward Scholarship was created in his memory to educate those future leaders who will continue to pay it forward.
- Credential Pathway Program Options for Revolution Students 2022-2023
- College Search -Big Future | College Board
- Philly Goes to College: FAFSA & Scholarships
- Tuesday, January 3: Classes Resume
- Friday, January 13: Half-day for students (Professional Development Day for Faculty)
- Monday, January 16: School Closed (MLK, Jr. Day)
- Friday, January 20: End Quarter 2 – Half Day for Students (Faculty report writing)
- Wednesday, January 25: Quarter 2 Progress Reports sent home