🌻 Wishing you a wonderful, fun-filled Spring Break!🌻
💐 Sending: Best wishes to everyone for a restful and restorative Spring Break!
👍 Planning: The Revolution Inaugural 11/12 Prom (5/24) & Founding Class Graduation (6/10).
🎉 Celebrating: April Birthdays: Syd (4/3), Tas A (4/11), and Semaj (4/18). Ramadan & Eid al-Fitr on Friday, April 21-23, Passover begins on April 5, and Easter is April 9.
Parent conferences will take place after spring break on Friday, April 14. Note the change on your calendars and please sign up for your conference: Patrick’s Conferences, Dirk’s Conferences, Joel’s Conferences, Jeanne’s Conferences
Junior and Senior Families SAVE THE DATE: Prom has been confirmed on Wednesday, May 24, at the Bellevue Hotel from 7-11pm. In the meantime, we are seeking a DJ and photo booth for the event. If you know anyone who can provide these services, or if you would like to be involved in the planning, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Stay tuned for more information about purchasing tickets for the big night!
College Visits for 12th & 11th grade students and families. Spring Break is a terrific time to visit colleges. Here are five tips for in-person visits:
- Check to see if a college is on Spring Break or if it’s a normal day when you visit.
- Sign up for information sessions and campus tours before you visit.
- Arrive early with enough time to find parking.
- Ask a lot of questions.
- Explore the local community.
Here are some websites for virtual tours:
Finally, consider following your colleges on social media.
We had a very successful Revolution School parent ed webinar What You Need to Know Now About Paying Less for College for 9th – 11th grade parents to plan now for the reality of future college expenses. If you missed it live we strongly recommend watching it here. This link will be available through April.
Seniors can still apply for merit scholarships to help defray college costs. Here is a list of trusted websites for scholarship searching.
Credential Pathway Program Options for Revolution Students 2022-2023
- Summer Programs in Philadelphia: Explore a number of different opportunities for middle and high school students, including pre-college courses at top-rated universities, tech camps where students can work with cutting-edge technology and so much more!
- Career Night at CHOP: High School students who want to learn more about physical therapy, occupational therapy or athletic training as a career at CHOP on Wednesday, May 24th from 6:00-8:00 PM at Abramson Building Room 123. Pizza will be provided.
- Advance College Experience: ACE Your Summer Experience with Us: See what it’s like to be in college with Community College of Philadelphia’s summer ACE (Advanced College Experience) program. ACE provides college-level courses for highly motivated students going into 9th, 10th, 11th, or 12th grades, as well as students up to age 21 pursuing a high school equivalency credential. Through ACE, students can explore a career interest, study timely and relevant issues, and earn college credit.
- As we enter 2023, we are happy to share that we are partnering with Dr. Argie Allen, Connections Matter, and Drexel University to provide affordable access to mental health resources for our students and families. Drexel Individual, Couple, and Family Therapy (DUCFT) recently reopened at a new location in the New College Building (245 N. 15th Street Suite 1120, Philadelphia, PA 19102) on January 9, 2023. The fee for service is based on household income using a sliding scale, so individuals and families can access care if they do not have insurance, need a more affordable fee, or prefer not to use their insurance. To request services, click here: Request for Services, complete the information requested, then click submit.
- Kooth is an online mental health and well-being platform designed to provide high school students with access to personalized, digital mental health and well-being resources. Kooth will be available 24/7, at no cost, to high school students District-wide. Students can visit us.kooth.com/philasd to find more information and to sign up. Inner Strength VIBE is a free mindfulness app to help you wake up to your power and potential.
- Life can feel like a lot… So many of us sometimes feel overwhelmed, stressed out, or just blank because it all feels like too much. With VIBE, you can find new ways to access your inner strength, have some fun, and even make sense of what’s going on all around you. Download the app for FREE here.
- Friday, March 31: Re-enrollment contracts due; Friends Select Writing Conference
- Monday, April 3-Monday, April 10: Spring Break ☀️
- Friday, April 14: Parent Conferences
2022-2023 Academic Calendar
Access our full community calendar HERE.
You can also subscribe via iCal.