Next Week Is Spirit Week!
💐 Honoring: Our wonderful mothers, aunts, grandmothers, and great-grandmothers this Mother’s Day, May 14th!
🍎 Appreciating: Our extraordinary teachers during Teacher Appreciation Week, May 7-13!
👍 Planning: Revolution School’s Inaugural Spirit Week (Week of 5/14), Junior-Senior Prom (5/24), and Graduation & Moving Up Day (6/10).
🎉 Applauding: Our Senior’s Future Ready/College Acceptances! Alvernia University, Clark Atlanta University, Chestnut Hill College, Cheyney University, Community College of Philadelphia, Delaware State University, Drexel University, East Stroudsburg University of Pennsylvania, Elon University, Indiana University, James Madison University, Jean Madeline Aveda Institute, Kutztown University, La Salle University, Lincoln University, Morgan State University, Lockhead University, Mansfield University, Marymount University, Millersville University, Morgan State University, Norfolk State University, North Carolina A&T State University, Prairie View A&M University, Pennsylvania College of Technology, Penn State, Seton Hill University, Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology, Thomas Jefferson University, University of Colorado Boulder, University of Colorado Denver, University of San Diego, The University of Scranton, West Chester University & Wilkes University. We’ll share decisions in the coming weeks!
- Spirit Week: Next week is Spirit week starting on Monday, May 15 with “Twin Day.” Please see the schedule above for full details.
- MAP Testing: Friday, May 19 is our last day of MAP testing! Students should prepare by getting a good night’s sleep. Students will be dismissed once testing is complete on Friday. School will remain open for independent working time for the remainder of the afternoon.
- Junior & Senior Prom: Today is the last day to purchase prom tickets at the early bird rate. Prom will be on Wednesday, May 24, at the Bellevue Hotel from 7-11pm. To purchase your tickets and complete your student and guest permission forms, click here. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
- Graduation & Moving Up Day: Saturday, June 10, 2023 is the big Day. Graduation and Moving Up Day will take place at Estia, 1407 Locust Street (Right downstairs from Revolution School)! Senior families may include up to six guests and all other students may include up to two guests. To RSVP, click here.
- We are seeking Family Ambassadors: current families who would be willing to welcome incoming families and serve as a mentor and resource. If you are interested in becoming a family ambassador, please contact Jeanne by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Voices of Revolution Students: Semaj Holley
My day at the Salem Baptist Church was perfect. I couldn’t help but feel joyful being around Marshall Mitchell. He has an aura that is filled with so much joy and positivity that you cannot help but feel safe and happy around him.
The thing that really made my day perfect was seeing all of the vegetables and plants around us at the farm that sprouted as a result of hard working women and men. It was even better to hear the story behind the farm and the farm’s history. Aside from that, I could go on and on about the carrots–they tasted like they were nutrition, delight, joy, itself. It’s as if they were watered with a slice of heaven. Just by tasting it, I could tell that it was good for my body.
My favorite part of our excursion was sitting in the movie theater. I cannot even describe to you all how comfortable and fun this experience was. Close your eyes and envision yourself sitting on a couch in front of the TV with a bag of snacks, that is exactly what the aura of the movie theater was giving me.
If you have not been to the Salem baptist Church, I highly advise that you take a trip there one day. I promise you that It will be in the top 5 excursions you have ever taken. Have a great day and be safe readers.
Many thanks to Mae for creating and curating this new addition to our Revolution Newsletter!