📸 Behind the Scenes
🎉 Honoring: The Class of 2023! Join the Revolution Senior Family & Friends Gift Program! It’s not too late to make a gift of $20.23, $200.23, or $2,000.23 in honor of your graduate and the Class of 2023! Thanks to all who have already donated! To keep the momentum going, please reach out to friends and family. Simply text 1M to 91999 to give.
❣️Celebrating: Fantastic speeches by each of our seniors at graduation!
🎓Anticipating: The last week of school!
- Monday, June 5: Classes. Grades 9-11 Conferences, 1:00 pm graduation rehearsal.
- Tuesday, June 6: Chromebook, charger, and key fob collection. Advisory and SDLC Activities. Afternoon picnic and handball.
- Wednesday, June 7: Final Day of School! Celebratory Yearbook Signing and Summer Birthday Celebration,. 11:30 am-3:30 pm Ninja Warrior League Competition!
- Thursday, June 8. No classes. Senior Overnight Trip to Echo Hill
- Friday, June 9: No classes. (Seniors return around 2:30 pm)
- Saturday, June 10: Graduation & Moving Up Day, Estia at 11:00 am. Seniors should arrive at 10:00 am at Revolution School.
- Senior Trip: Save the Date: Class of 2023 Overnight Trip ~ Thanks to the generosity of a wonderful member of the Revolution School community, we are pleased to launch our inaugural Senior Overnight trip on June 8-9th at Echo Hill Outdoor School in Worton, Maryland. The Echo Hill Outdoor School provides students with positive experiences in the outdoors that are exciting, interesting, and fun. Students learn more about the wonders of nature, the value of history, and the diversity of individual qualities. The Chesapeake Bay landscape will be our classroom!
- Senior Parent Chats: Founding Parents! Before we celebrate the class of 2023, we would love to chat! Hearing about your experience – what you loved, and what we can do better – will help us to continue to improve and grow. Please sign up for your phone call here!
- 9-11 Student Conferences: Join us for a year-in-review and summer kick-off! Please sign up for your conference here.
- Graduation & Moving Up Day: Saturday, June 10, 2023, at Estia, 1407 Locust Street Senior families may include up to eight guests and all other students may include up to two guests. 9-11 Families RSVP here. Senior Families RSVP here.
- We are seeking Family Ambassadors: Are you willing to welcome incoming families and serve as a mentor and resource? If so, please contact Jeanne by email at email@example.com
World History Through Architecture
World History Through Architecture students visited the Masonic Temple on Broad Street just north of City Hall. We learned about the history of the Freemasonry in the United States and saw seven different architectural styles. Students enjoyed sitting in the oversized chair in the Egyptian Revival room.
Community Connections in Spanish
Six Revolution Spanish students created bilingual children’s books and read them to Kindergarten and First graders at The Philadelphia School . While Kindergarten students listened and asked questions, the First graders took charge and read the books themselves. There was even some dancing involved!
Peter Rickels, who supported the AJO Finance REVterns last summer, joined us again to discuss summer jobs and work expectations. Many students will be engaging in work experiences this summer, either independently or supported by Revolution. Ask your students for their takeaways!