- 🥳 Celebrating: The incredible student work displayed at the REVternship Showcase.
- 🤔 Wondering: How useful this newsletter is to you. Scroll down to vote.
- 📖 Reading: We’re reading together! Staring today, every Friday begins with a period of community silent sustained reading.
RSVP for the Senior Family Kickoff Dinner
All senior families are invited to join us at Revolution School on Wednesday, September 28 from 5:30 pm to 7:00 pm for a celebratory dinner to kick off this very important year! We hope to have a photographer here to take Senior photos from 3:30-5:30 pm. Please RSVP by Friday, September 23, 2022.
Revolution High School Tryouts
The school year has just begun, but we’re already recruiting for next year—and we need your help! Do you know a current 8th-11th grader who would be a great fit a Revolution School? Help us spread the word about our upcoming “tryouts.”
On Friday, September 9th, Revolution School seniors gathered in our Tanner West Room to Showcase their accomplishments and learning this summer. Their REVternships brought them inside interior design studios and photography galleries, to chef’s kitchens and financial management meetings. Their Showcase brought an audience of peers, teachers, and REVternship host partners inside their personal stories. The goal of the REVternship program was to offer meaningful experiences and learning not just about a future professional field, but about the students as current professionals. Ask your student what their highlights were!
Revolution students and faculty visited One Art Community Center on Thursday as part of our partnership with We Love Philly. Malaika Gilpin, Co-Founder & Co-Director welcomed us. We had a wellness class and participated in a sound bowl activity, scavenger hunt, and community conversation.
The stage at One Art was the starting point for our scavenger hunt. It is also where Titus played the drums, and Kysiir, in one quick jump, went from the ground to the stage. The goal of the scavenger hunt was not only to get to know the space at One Art Community Center better but also to get to know each other more deeply. Students asked each other questions in small groups like, “What are five words you would use to describe yourself?“
- Saturday, September 24, Revolution Tryouts 10:00-12:00 at Revolution School. (Please help us get the word out!)
- Wednesday, September 28, Senior Family Kickoff Dinner, 5:30 – 7:00 (RSVP)
- Monday, October 3, Community Gathering, 5:30 – 6:30 at Revolution School