Behind the Scenes 📸 Fresh air and fun!
👍 Planning: The Revolution Inaugural 11/12 Prom (5/24) & Founding Class Graduation (6/10)
🎉 Celebrating: The seniors on their college/future-ready journey!
🤔 Wondering: Who will win the Philadelphia mayor’s race in 2023 as we continue to host candidates at Revolution School…the Philly School Board is following Revolution’s lead!
💜 Honoring Our Muslim Families: Ramadan began last night and continues through Eid al-Fitr on Friday, April 21~Ramadan Kareem!
- 2023-2024 Re-enrollment Agreements: Re-enrollment agreements for students in grades 9-11 have been sent out via TADS. Thank you to all of the families who have completed their 2023-2024 agreements. To guarantee your student’s space for next year, please complete your agreement by March 31, 2023.
- Calendar Change: In partnership with the Committee of 70, Cosmic Writers has invited Revolution School Students to participate in a conference to mobilize high schoolers to use their voices to impact the upcoming mayoral election. There are so many high schoolers who feel passionate about impacting their city’s politics but aren’t able to vote yet. The goal of the conference is to show students how they can use writing to make their opinions heard. The conference will feature Michael Nutter as the keynote speaker, a catered lunch, and 8-10 writing workshops on different genres of impact-focused writing. Revolution students will have the opportunity to participate in this wonderful opportunity! March 31 will now be a regular school day.
- Parent conferences will now take place after spring break on Friday, April 14. Please note the change on your calendars and stay tuned for conference sign-ups.
- Junior and Senior Families – In the meantime, we are seeking a DJ and photo booth for the event. If you know anyone who can provide these services, or if you would like to be involved in the planning, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Stay tuned for more information about purchasing tickets for the big night!
Ninja Warrior League Championship League & Art Show: Students hosted their first Ninja Warrior Championship League at Urban Air Delco.
Victoria Mendoza of Revolutionary artists led the students in a sound bowl meditation and Chakra healing session. That was Followed by a Cacao Ceremony led by Rebecca Torres to set a good intention for the launch of our Ninja Warrior League.
- Parents of Seniors: Please complete the FAFSA financial aid form. Details are here. If you have questions about either form and/or FA packages, please reach out to email@example.com or the FAFSA support line at 800-433-3243.
- Students can also apply for merit scholarships to help defray college costs. Here is a list of trusted websites for scholarship searching.
- Credential Pathway Program Options for Revolution Students 2022-2023
- As we enter 2023, we are happy to share that we are partnering with Dr. Argie Allen, Connections Matter, and Drexel University to provide affordable access to mental health resources for our students and families. Drexel Individual, Couple, and Family Therapy (DUCFT) recently reopened at a new location in the New College Building (245 N. 15th Street Suite 1120, Philadelphia, PA 19102) on January 9, 2023. The fee for service is based on household income using a sliding scale, so individuals and families can access care if they do not have insurance, need a more affordable fee, or prefer not to use their insurance. To request services, click here: Request for Services, complete the information requested, then click submit.
- Kooth is an online mental health and well-being platform designed to provide high school students with access to personalized, digital mental health and well-being resources. Kooth will be available 24/7, at no cost, to high school students District-wide. Students can visit us.kooth.com/philasd to find more information and to sign up. Inner Strength VIBE is a free mindfulness app to help you wake up to your power and potential.
- Life can feel like a lot… So many of us sometimes feel overwhelmed, stressed out, or just blank because it all feels like too much. With VIBE, you can find new ways to access your inner strength, have some fun, and even make sense of what’s going on all around you. Download the app for FREE here.
- Summer Programs in Philadelphia: Explore a number of different opportunities for middle and high school students, including pre-college courses at top-rated universities, tech camps where students can work with cutting-edge technology and so much more!
- Career Night at CHOP: HS students who want to learn more about physical therapy, occupational therapy or athletic training as a career at CHOP on Wednesday, May 24th from 6:00-8:00 PM at Abramson Building Room 123. Pizza will be provided.
- Advance College Experience: ACE Your Summer Experience with Us: See what it’s like to be in college with Community College of Philadelphia’s summer ACE (Advanced College Experience) program. ACE provides college-level courses for highly motivated students going into 9th, 10th, 11th or 12th grades, as well as students up to age 21 pursuing a high school equivalency credential. Through ACE, students can explore a career interest, study timely and relevant issues, and earn college credit.
- Friday, March 24: End of Quarter 3 and Urban Air Ninja Warrior Event
- Wednesday, March 29: Quarter 3 Progress Reports sent home
- Friday, March 31: Re-enrollment contracts due; Friends Select Writing Conference
- Monday, April 3-Monday, April 10: Spring Break ☀️
- Friday, April 14: Parent Conferences